Tuesday, March 13, 2012

[TRAVEL LOG] LANDING IN MUNICH


Well, after weeks of preparation for the study abroad trip, I am finally here in Munich.  I left Cincinnati on Monday evening at 6:45am with Paul Donley and we landed in Paris at about 8:00 am their time.  After our layover and final flight, we landed in Munich at 12:15 pm.  The flights went very smoothly with minimal delays.  In fact, the trans-Atlantic flight was the most comfortable I have ever had.  The plane was maybe 30% full, so I was able to claim an entire row to myself.  Stretched out over all three seats, I made a bed and actually slept for once on a flight.  No complaints from me!

An Empty Plane

After finding our way to the Wombat Hostel where we would be staying, Paul and I returned to the train station to meet up with Clinton, Jordan, Dan, and Eric, all of whom were all traveling in from Prague, where they had spent the past two days.  Their train came in late (and on the wrong set of tracks) but we managed to find each other regardless.  After checking them in, we took a walk downtown to visit the Marianplatz and the Hofbräuhaus.  This was now my third visit, but the food and beer were just as good as the previous two times.  We would later end the night by watching the local soccer match of FC Bayern versus FC Basel.  The city was quite alive because of the match.  Fans were everywhere!  Of course Munich’s team won the match.

Das Neue Rathaus am Münchner Marienplatz 

Jordan, Eric, Clinton, Dan, Paul, and I in Marienplatz

Munich's Sister Cities - Cincinnati in Upper Right

Hofbräuhaus
Past 10pm, I was having a very difficult time keeping my eyes open, so I turned in for the night.  I am writing now from the lobby just before breakfast.  I think today will consist of some touring.  We’ll check out more of the city and then have our BMW plant tour at 4pm.  Later I will be meeting some old friends.  It should be a good day.  I’ll be sure to post with a new update soon.

Bis bald!  - Corey

No comments:

Post a Comment